We’re here for you
- Established Sexual Violence Response Office in 2017.
- H.E.R.E to Help, Educate, Respond to and Empower survivors and the York community at large.
- Established The Centre in 2018.
- Staffed with qualified subject matter experts who operate with the highest levels of confidentiality and deep empathy.
- York U’s Sexual Violence Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations.
- Provide supports for survivors and at their own pace.
Training and Education
We offer two training modules, focusing on policies and procedures pertaining to sexual violence response at York, for students and staff and faculty.
- Step One: Sexual Violence Response & Awareness, is an introductory course that provides information about policies and procedures. 854 certificates have been generated
- Step two: Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence, uses scenario-based
interactive learning to evaluate effective response to disclosures of sexual violence. 108 certificates have been generated.
Building Awareness for Faculty, Staff and Students
- The Division of Students (OSCR/Counselling) developed a Guide for faculty and staff entitled “Identifying and Responding to Students in Distress.”
- To date we have met with Deans, Associate Deans, Faculty Councils, Departments and the JCOAA to share resources and gain input on ways we can provide additional support.
- 25 staff/faculty sessions.
- 2,078 + staff participants
- 1,500+ students have been trained in the Active Bystander Training program.
- Consultation with York Federation of Students, York University Graduate Students Association and the Glendon College Students Union (GCSU).
Download the Centre for Sexual Violence, Response, Support & Education Progress Report 2019-2020 (PDF)
Download the Annual Report of York University Sexual Violence Advisory Committee to the Board of Governors - July 2020 (PDF)