We’re here for you
- Established Sexual Violence Response Office in 2017.
- H.E.R.E to Help, Educate, Respond to and Empower survivors and the York community at large.
- Established The Centre in 2018.
- Staffed with qualified subject matter experts who operate with the highest levels of confidentiality and deep empathy.
- York U’s Sexual Violence Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations.
- Provide supports for survivors and at their own pace.
Training and Education
We offer two training modules, focusing on policies and procedures pertaining to sexual violence response at York, for students and staff and faculty.
- Step One: Sexual Violence Response & Awareness, is an introductory course that provides information about policies and procedures. 505 certificates have been generated
- Step two: Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence, uses scenario-based
interactive learning to evaluate effective response to disclosures of sexual violence. 2,485 certificates have been generated.
Building Awareness for Faculty, Staff and Students
- Building Safer Spaces Toolkit was created to support our student community when organizing online events. It serves as a tool to ensure all mechanisms of support are considered.
- Consent Week & Sexual Violence Response Education Week in the Fall and Winter built awareness of all of the resources and supports available, starting with referrals to the Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education.
- 74 training events.
- 94 unique training sessions
- +4,390 staff, students and faculty that were delivered presentation.
- Partnership with York Federation of Students led to all club leaders having the opportunity to be trained in the Active Bystander Program.
- Download the Centre for Sexual Violence, Response, Support & Education Progress Report 2020-2021 (PDF) (En français)