The Centre facilitates support, services and accommodations for those who have experienced sexual violence for all York students, staff and faculty. The support offered is based on the needs and wishes of the person disclosing/reporting. There is no timeframe of when an incident has occurred for someone to access support from the Centre. It is also important to note that individuals do not need to disclose their narratives in order to access support.
Appointments can be made by email, phone or in person.
It is important to note that our support for a survivor can expand past the services listed below, and it is based on the needs of each individual person.
The Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education is available to:
• Facilitate referrals to University resources and community agencies;
• Coordinate referral to medical services;
• Coordinate academic/workplace accommodations through respective offices;
• Coordinate housing relocation for students on campus;
• Assist with the coordination of safety planning;
• Coordinate access to emergency housing;
• Coordinate emergency financial assistance;
• Coordinate referrals to on and off campus trauma-informed counselling services;
• Provide information about reporting options;
• Assist with decision-making and navigating University processes;
• Manage the flow of information among departments or offices where necessary;
• Coordinate with other institutions where a student may be cross-registered to ensure access to supports and accommodations; and
• Provide effective and ongoing support for survivors with respect to support, services, accommodations and complaint procedures.
Wherever needed, the Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education advocates on behalf of survivors to ensure the needs of survivors are met at all times.
For more information about services provided by the office, please call 416-736-5211.